Changing Faces® Formby, Denture Stabilisation Clinic
Exceptional service and care
Changing Faces Denture Stabilisation Clinics are located exclusively in selected dental practices. Our experienced implant dentists have the same high level of commitment to customer service, patient care and patient wellbeing as every other member of the Changing Faces Formby team.
Clinical Dental Technician Stuart Gibson works in collaboration with our experienced implant dentists to combine traditional treatment methods with the most modern techniques in dentistry. Stabilisation solutions include dental implants and implant assisted dentures.
Modern solutions with incredible results
The Changing Faces clinic provides professional and personalised service for all patients, with input from both Stuart and our experienced implant dentists. You can rest assured that you are in the expert hands of a team dedicated to achieving perfection.
- Joint consultation with Stuart and our experienced implant dentists
- Treatment from two dental professionals with abundant experience and excellent reputations
- The very latest treatments using natural looking and high-grade durable materials
- Access to an exclusive combination of expertise
Dental implants – no more uncomfortable, loose dentures
A dental implant is a small titanium screw used to replace the root of a missing tooth. When they have been gently inserted into the jawbone, a denture can be securely fixed to the implants. This effective treatment ensures a stable fit and puts an end to the problem of loose dentures. We use a minimum of four dental implants to support a whole arch of permanent, non-removable teeth and can use just two to support a full lower denture.
Implant assisted solutions
Option 1: Complete implant assisted denture
This is a complete denture secured to two or more implants with precision attachments. The denture can be removed when necessary. This is a brilliant solution for both the upper and lower jaw. One of the most unique advantages of this treatment is that it utilises the tissues of the mouth for support.
Option 2: Fixed dentures
This denture is firmly fixed in place by a minimum of four implants in either the upper or lower jaw. We also use a precision titanium milled bar. The result of this combination of features is a natural, permanent denture that replicates fixed teeth perfectly.
- Improved comfort due to a firm fit
- Fewer issues concerning taste and speech
- Complete bite security
- Denture base covers less of the roof of the mouth
- Better digestion due to improved chewing ability and range
Option 3: Fixed arch of teeth (known as ‘the third dentition’)
This is a complete arch of fixed teeth using four to six implants inserted into either the upper or lower jawbone. The framework is made from titanium and uses an acrylic gum veneer along with a complete arch of natural looking teeth made of composite. The end result looks and feels exactly the same as natural teeth. In some case we can attach a fixed bridge made from acrylic as a provisional measure on the same day as your implant treatment. This is an important step for patients at a higher risk of losing their remaining natural teeth.
- You can treat your new teeth exactly as you would your natural teeth
- No need to remove dentures after meals or before bed
- No uncomfortable palate and the arch is a perfect fit to your mouth’s specific contours
- The roof of the mouth is left uncovered, so there are no problems with taste
- Tough and crunchy foods can be enjoyed with increased bite power