Changing Faces South Cheshire denture stabilisation clinic
Outstanding provision of care and service
Only a select number of dental practices host a Changing Faces® Denture Stabilisation Clinic. We make sure that the Implant Dentists we choose to join our team share our commitment to patient dental health and customer-centric service.
Our South Cheshire Denture Stabilisation Clinic is no exception. Here, Clinical Dental Technician Stuart Gibson and our experienced implant dentists work closely together, bringing the benefits of proven treatment methods plus up-to-the-minute denture innovations. Among the options you may consider are implant assisted dentures plus permanent fixed arches of teeth that are fixed securely to the jawbone.
Amazing results and innovative solutions
At the South Cheshire Changing Faces® clinic you can count on an individually tailored, professional service, with both Stuart and our experienced implant dentists contributing. You can be confident that your needs are our top priority, as we strive to create the best possible denture solution.
- Stuart and our expert implant dentists will take you through an expert consultation
- Treatment from two highly experienced dental professionals
- Next generation treatments using high-grade durable and lifelike materials
- Access to a unique combination of skills
Dental implants – eliminating loose dentures and discomfort
Dental implants are small titanium screws that are fixed into the jawbone. In effect, they replace the root portion of a missing tooth because dentures can be securely anchored to them. Patients benefit from stable dentures that won’t suddenly come loose. All it takes is four implants to support an entire arch of non-removable fixed teeth; alternatively, two implants can be used to secure a full lower denture in place.
Implant assisted solutions
Option 1: Implant assisted complete denture
The dental implants have a tiny, screw-like section protruding from the gum. This allows complete dentures to be attached to the implants securely. This also means that the denture can easily be removed for a thorough cleaning before being replaced onto the dental implants. This method can be used on both the upper and lower jaw area.
Option 2: Fixed/removable denture
Normally about four dental implants are used in order to hold the denture in place securely. This can be achieved on both the upper and lower jaw area and a titanium wire is also used to keep the dentures in place. This method offers a very stable and natural looking option for missing teeth treatment.
- Improved stability, security and comfort
- Able to taste food better and speech is not compromised
- Bite function is much more stable
- Less denture material over the roof of the mouth
- Digestion is vastly improved due to greater chewing function
Option 3: Fixed arch of teeth – ‘the third dentition’
At the beginning of treatment we insert between four to six dental implants in either the top or bottom arch. We then add a foundation made up of titanium and acrylic materials, which acts a veneer. After this, we then add a full arch of false teeth made from composite material that looks and acts as natural teeth do. On the day the implants are fitted, we can also add a bridge made from acrylic. This is suitable for those who in the short term will soon lose all of their remaining teeth.
Benefits of Changing Faces® permanent fixed teeth include:
- Maintaining oral hygiene with false teeth is just like looking after natural teeth
- Dentures do not need to be taken out before bed or meals
- There is no palette involved so the new set of teeth sit comfortably in the mouth like natural teeth
- As there is no material covering the roof of the mouth there is a much better sense of taste
- Bite function becomes much stronger allowing for a much wider choice of foods to consume