Denture stabilisation clinic Southampton
Experience & teamwork
Our denture stabilisation clinic in Southampton city centre offers patients the chance to learn about the numerous lifestyle and functional benefits that dental implants provide. By working together, Clinical Dental Technician Lee Butler and our Principal Dentist can offer advanced solutions to stabilise and secure loose dentures or replace all remaining unhealthy teeth with bone anchored fixed arches of teeth.
Whether treatment involves as little as two dental implants to stabilise a lower denture, four implants for an upper denture or six implants to fix an entire arch of teeth to the jaw, digital treatment planning is used to ensure predictable implant placement and precise treatment outcomes.
- Joint consultation with our Dentist* and Changing Faces® denture expert Lee Butler
- Treatment by two highly experienced and expert dental professionals
- Next generation denture teeth made from highly durable and natural looking biomaterials
*The Dentist is responsible for prescribing the treatment and treatment planning.
Solutions for securing loose dentures and replacing your unhealthy teeth
Implant assisted dentures
Complete dentures can be secured using a minimum of two implants in the lower jaw or four implants in the upper jaw.
- A rock solid secure fit of your dentures to your gums, no need to worry about loose or slipping dentures.
- Less denture base is needed especially in the upper jaw by not covering the roof of your mouth. This provides greater comfort and less bulk in the mouth.
- Improvement in taste and your speech so that you can enjoy life more
- A bite which is as close as you could get to your own natural teeth
- An improvement in chewing ability so you can enjoy more foods
- Improved digestion and wellbeing as a result of improved chewing and diet
Permanent fixed teeth
Hand-crafted fixed arches of teeth can be fitted permanently in your mouth being anchored to your jawbone using dental implants. We use the term ‘Same Day Teeth’ but the treatment is also known as All-on-4™, same day smile, or teeth in a day. Using four to six dental implants we can restore the upper and lower jaws using a precision arch of teeth. Because Lee and the Dentist work as a team it is usually possible to complete the procedure in just one day.
- No need to wear a complete denture. You can care for the fixed teeth just like natural teeth and will not need to remove a denture after meals or at bedtime for cleaning
- The new complete arch of teeth will feel similar to natural teeth with no plastic palate in the upper commonly used in complete dentures
- Taste your food more and choose from a wider choice of foods for healthier living
- You can bite harder and your chewing force is greatly increased so you can enjoy the foods you want.
- Often treatment can be completed in a single day by anchoring the arch of teeth to the implants shortly after their placement